Alarms & firefighting equipment
Early fire detection is a prerequisite to evacuating the premises and to begin extinguishing the fire in time to be able to limit the damage. Being equipped with effective alarms and fixed firefighting systems are a key requirement.
We offer vendor-independent consultancy, procurement and installation of what we call active fire protection – alarms, fixed fire-fighting systems and sprinklers.
- A fire alarm monitors the area and serves to quickly detect a fire. The alarm can send signals to the monitoring centre or start an evacuation alarm.
- The evacuation alarm is to warn people of a fire so they can vacate the premises quickly and safely.
- Control and delay device corresponds to the previously called extinguishing central and is a control system for fire extinguishing system.
New constructions require automatic detection of fire common to all places where people may be sleeping, for example in health care facilities, hotels and residences. Evacuation alarms are required, particularly in buildings where many people may be affected by a fire, for example, in offices, factories, community centres and hotels.
Fixed firefighting systems
Permanently installed firefighting systems are often used where the risk is considered too great for portable fire extinguishers or a fire hydrant to be enough protection in the event of a fire. Even in areas where there is no time in which to detect a fire, or in areas that are difficult to access is advantageously fixed extinguishing systems.
- Gas extinguishing systems are used in critical, confined areas and serve to suppress or extinguish a fire. It is a modern, people-safe system that saves the people and equipment it protects, the gas is clean and leaves no residue, loss of data and business downtime can be, at best, very costly and, at worst, catastrophic in the event of fire. Fire in the computer room, transformer room or other critical areas can result in very serious consequences for the future of a business. In many cases such areas are protected with automatic gas fire extinguishing systems.
- High pressure water mist systems are used in areas that are not necessarily confined but still critical in terms of fire protection. They are used to best advantage when högenergibränder as fire engines or when certain liquids burn, water mist characteristics allow a higher utilisation of the water supplied to the fire over conventional water sprinklers. Less water means less water damage. Water has the added advantage of being harmless to the environment.
- Sprinklers, with or without foam additive, offer good protection during long escape routes and has the task of limiting the damage but does not have any extinguishing requirements. Water is a good choice for the environment and foam is a covering and cooling agent used to extinguish fires in flammable and combustible liquids, as well as to prevent flammable gases being released and also help to cool any re-ignition sources.
- A Server extinguisher is designed to protect 19 “cabinets and racks of electronic equipment. Normally an independent, integrated system for the detection, activation and quenching of fire. It is small, flexible, and easy to install.